哈佛公开课_幸福_第一课__中英文对照字幕整理

Hi, good morning. It’s wonderful to be back here. 各位,早上好。很高兴能回到这里。
Wonderful to see you here.高兴见到你们。
I am teaching this class because I wish a class like this had been taught when I was sitting in your seat as an undergraduate here.我教授这门课是因为在我读本科阶段时非常希望能学习这样一门课程
This does not mean it is a class you wish to be taught nor does it mean that it is the right class for you.可能这门课并不是你希望的那样也可能并不适合你。
But I hope to doing the next couple of lectures is giving you an idea what this class is about so that you can decide whether or not it is for you.但希望几堂课后,你能有个大概印象让你决定这门课程是否适合你。
I came here in 1992 and studied the computer science and concentrator.我1992年来到哈佛求学,一开始主修计算机科学。
旋转喷嘴And when I had I mini epiphany half way through my sophomore year.大二期间,突然顿悟了。
I realized that I was in a wonderful place with wonderful students around me, wonderful teachers.我意识到我身处让人神往大学校园周围都是出的同学,优秀的导师。
I was doing well academically. I was doing well in athletics. I was playing squash at that time. I was doing well socially.我成绩优异。擅长体育运动。那时壁垒打的不错。社交也游刃有余。
Everything was going well except for the fact that I was unhappy. And I didn’t understand why.一切都很顺利除了一点我不快乐。 而且我不明白为什么。
透水混凝土增强剂It was then in a matter of moments that I decided that I had to find out why and become happier.也就是在那时我决定要出原因变得快乐。
And that was when I switched my concentration from computer science to philosophy and psychology.于是我将研究方向从计算机科学转向了哲学及心理学
With a single question: How can I become happier.目标只有一个:怎么让自己开心起来。
Overtime I did become happier what contributed most to my happiness was when I encountered a new emerging field that time didn’t have the name that it has today.渐渐的,我的确变得更快乐了主要是因为我接触了一个新的领域,那时并未正式命名。
But essentially research that falls under or within the field of positive psychology.但本质上属于积极心理学范畴。
Positive psychology, studying it and applying the ideas to my life has made me significantly happier .研究积极心理学把其理念应用到生活中让我无比快乐。
It continues to make me happier.而且这种快乐继续着。
And it was when I realized the impact that it had on me that I decided to share it with others.于是我决定将其与更多的人分享。
That’s when I decided that I wanted to be a teacher and teach in this field.选择教授这门学科。
So this is positive psychology, psychology 1504.这就是积极
心理学,1504号心理学课程。
And we’ll be exploring this new, relatively new and fascinating field.我们将一起探索这一全新相对新兴令人倾倒的领域。
And hopefully, we will be exploring more than the field ourselves.希望同时还能探索我们自己。
When I first taught this class that was back in 2002.我第一次开设这门课程是在2002年。
I taught it at a seminar and had eight students. Two dropped out that left me with six. The year after, the class became slightly larger. I had over three hundred students.是以讨论会的形式,只有8名学生。 两名退出了只剩我和其他六个人。一年后学生稍微多了点。 有300多人参加
And then third year when I taught it which was the last time.到了第三年,也就是上一次开课。
I had 850 students in the class, making it at that point the largest course at Harvard .有850名参加是当时哈佛大学人数最多的课程。
And that’s when the media became interested. Because they wanted to understand why.这引起了媒体的注意。因为他们想知道为什么。
They wanted to understand this phenomenon that here you have a class that’s larger than Introduction to Economics. How could that be?他们对这一奇特现象非常好奇竟然有比经济学导论更热门的课程。怎么可能呢?
So I was invited by the media for interviews whether it was newspapers, radio, television. 于是我被请去参加各类媒体采访,报纸,广播,电视。
And I started to notice a pattern during those interviews. 在这些采访中,我发现了一种有趣的模式。
So I would walk into the interview. We would have the interview.我前去参加采访。进行采访。
And afterwards, the producer or the interviewer would walk me out. And say something to the effects of well, thank you Tal for the interview.结束后,制片人或主持人会送我出来。 说些诸如Tal多谢你抽空参加采访。
But you know I expected you to be different. 不过你跟我想象的不太一样的话。
And I would ask, as nonchalant as I could of course. 我漫不经心的问。
I didn’t really care but had to ask anyway “How different”. 我无所谓,不过总得回应“有何不同?”
And they would say: Well, you know, we expected you to be more outgoing”. 他们会说“这个嘛,我们会以为你很外向”。
Next interview, the end of the interview, same thing: Thank you for doing the interview”. 下一次采访结束时仍是如此“多谢接受采访”。
“But you know Tal, I expected you to be different”. 不过Tal,你跟我想象得不太一样。
And once again, nonchalant of course so how different. 又一次,我漫不经心地问有何不同。
And she would say: “Well you know, we expected you to be less, less introversit”. “这个嘛,我们没想到你会这么内向”。
Next interview, same thing “How different?” 下一次采访,仍是
如此“有何不同?”。
“Well, you know, more extroverted, more outgoing.” “这个嘛,更开朗,更外向”。
Next interview, “Well, you know, less shy”. 下一次采访,“这个嘛,太害羞了”。
Coz I get very nervous in interviews. 因为采访中我容易紧张。
l  Interview after interview, literally dozens. 差不多有几十个采访。
More outgoing, more cheerful, less introverted, more extroverted. And on and on. 每次都是好交际,更开朗,不含蓄,更外向诸如此类。
But here the best one. 最绝的一次。
So this is one of the local channels here around Boston. I was going to the interview.是波士顿一家地
方台。我去参加采访。
We had a quite long interview which I thought was actually pretty good. And at the end of the interview.聊了很多,我觉得进行得很不错。 采访结束。
The interviewer is a very jolly guy. He walks me out and puts his hands on my shoulder.主持人是个开朗热情的男生。他送我出门,拍着我的肩说。
And says, ”Thank you very much for doing the interview.” And then the usual comes. “多谢接受我们采访。” 然后又是那句。
“But you know Tal, I expected you to be different.” “不过Tal,你跟我想象不太一样”。
And I said, ”How different”. Just so you understand by this time, my self-esteem is short. 我问,“有何不同”你要知道那时候,我已经完全被打击了。
But still with some resemblance of nonchalance I asked “How different”. 不过我还是漫不经心地问有何不同。
And he looks at me and says: ”Well I don’t know Tal, I expected you to be taller. ”. Taller? What?他看着我说:“我也说不上,Tal,我以为你会更高些”。 更高些?什么?
Five seven, well ok five six and a half is not enough to teach happiness? 1米70……是1米69就不够格传授快乐吗?
And I thought about it, I thought about it a lot. The whole pattern from the beginning.我考虑了很久,仔细思量了。整件事从头到尾。
And I think I understand why they expected someone different. 我似乎明白为什么他们期望不同了。
You see they had to explain to themselves as well as the audience. 因为他们要说服自己说服观众。
How come this lecture is larger than the Introduction to Economics? 这门课怎么会比经济学导论更热门?
And the way to explain it must be that the teacher is very outgoing, extremely charismatic, very cheerful and extroverted and of course, tall. 唯一的解释就是导师非常外向、充满领袖气质、乐观开朗,当然了,还很高。
Well, there is one L missing there, But……. Yeah, if only.可惜我的名字少了一个L,但是……。嗯……真可惜。
So the problem though is that they were looking in the wrong place for the explanation. 所以问题是他们答案错了地方。
In other words, they were looking at the messenger
, what they needed to look at was the message. Now how do I know that?也就是说,他们不该关注信息传达者而应该关注信息本身。我怎么知道的呢?遥控直升机模型
You see because I see other positive psychology classes on other campuses around the country and around the world. 因为我参与过其他大学积极心理学课遍及全国乃至全球。
There are over 200 campuses here in United States that teach positive psychology. 美国有超过200所大学开设了本课程。
And almost every campus where this class is taught it’s either one of the or the largest class. It’s about the message.而且几乎其中所有院校,这门课都是参与人数最多的或者最多的之一。 信息是关键。
I see more and more organizations taking up positive psychology in their as consultant companies. 越来越多的机构组织开设这门课,还有咨询公司。
Some of them the leading big consultant companies are taking it on. 其中一些甚至是全球知名咨询公司。
More and more high schools are introducing positive psychology class.……Elementary schools are introducing it.越来越多的中学开始引入积极心理学……。小学也是。
自动滤水器The governments around the world are expressing interest in this new emerging field. Why? Because it works, because it really works.各国政府都对这一新领域表现出兴趣。 为什么?因为它有效,因为它真正有效。
You see this whole realm of life flourishing on happiness, on well-being has been until recently dominated by the self-health movements. 殷盛人生,快乐,幸福感这一整个领域在此之前一直被心理自助运动统治。
What do we have in the self-health movement? We have books that are very interesting that are very accessible.心理自助运动带来了什么? 生动有趣通俗易懂的书。
We have speakers who are very outgoing very charismatic and tall attracting the masses into these workshops, seminars and lectures. But, there is a very big “but” here.热情外向的宣讲者颇具领袖气质且身材高大吸引大众参与他们的专题讨论讲座。 但是,有一个大大的转折。
拉链鞋
Many of these books, many of these workshops and seminars lack substance. Very often, overpromising and under-delivering.其中很多书籍讨论都缺少实质内容。通常都言过其实无法兑现。
udn
So there are five things you need to know to be happy. The three things to be the great leader.比如,快乐的五个关键。成功领袖的三个要素。
The one secret of success, happiness and a perfect love life. Overpromising, under-delivering.成功快乐完美爱情的唯一秘诀。夸大其词,效果甚微。
On the other hand, we have academia. What do we have in the academia? We have a lot of rigor, a lot of substance.再来说说学术界。 学术界给我们带来了什么? 大量精确的实质内容。
We have datas analyzed, reanalyzed and meta-analyzed. Things that actually w
ork, good stuff.数据被一而再再而三得反复分析。行之有效的好方法。
But, there is also a very big but here. Very few people read refereed academic journals.但是又有一个大大的转折。很少有人会阅读专业学术期刊。
I mean think about it: how many people outside this room of course have read the last twelve issues
of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology? 想想看,这间教室之外有多少人读过最近12期《个性与社会心理学》杂志?
Most people don’t even know what that means. 大多数人甚至不知道那是什么东西。
The head of my PHD programs actually estimated the average academic journal article is read by seven people.我博士班的主任估算过学术期刊上的一篇论文平均只有7人阅读。
You know……And that includes the author’s mother. So you know I say half in jest but it’s actually really sad.这话……其中还包括作者的母亲。这话虽然是半开玩笑但其实很可悲。
Because… Certainly sad for me, as an academic. Because these things are good.因为……作为学者我觉得很可悲。因为这些论文都非常精彩。
They are important, these things make a difference, can even make more of a difference. But not accessible to most people.非常重要,能大有作为甚至不仅仅是作为。但是对大众来说晦涩难懂。
And this is where positive psychology comes in. And this is also where this class comes in.所以我们需要积极心理学。需要这门课程。
The explicit mandate of positive psychology as well as of this class is to create a bridge between Ivory tower and Main Street. 积极心理学及本课程的宗旨非常明确就是在象牙塔及大众间构建桥梁。
In other words, it is to bring the rigor, the substance, the empirical foundation, the science from academia and merge it with accessibility of the self-help or New Age movement. In a way the best of both worlds.换句话说就是要把严谨、实质、经验基础学术科学与自助或者新纪元运动的通俗易懂相结合。充分发挥两者所长。
And this explains the popularity of the field of positive psychology: Science that works. 这也是积极心理学大受欢迎的原因:有用的科学。
This class will be taught in two levels. The first level it will be taught as any other class in psychology or any of the classes you’ve taken here.本课程将分为两个部分。第一部分会和其他心理学或者其他任何课程一样。
You’ll be introduced here to studies, to research, to rigorous academic work. You’ll be writing paper, academic paper. You’ll be taking exams just like every other class.我将向你们介绍相关知识,调查研究,严谨的学术作品。需要你们撰写报告,学术论文。跟其他课程一样参加考试。
But then it will also be taught at the second level which is for every paper that you’ll read every paper that you’ll write

本文发布于:2024-09-20 12:24:32,感谢您对本站的认可!

本文链接:https://www.17tex.com/tex/2/102456.html

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系,我们将在24小时内删除。

标签:心理学   课程   采访   参加   领袖   大众   外向
留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码:
Copyright ©2019-2024 Comsenz Inc.Powered by © 易纺专利技术学习网 豫ICP备2022007602号 豫公网安备41160202000603 站长QQ:729038198 关于我们 投诉建议